All SSA 45 Commissioner meetings have been postponed until further notice!
ssa 45 Team
Robbie Tina Sanders
Interested in becoming a commissioner?
- Recommend annual tax rate, services, budget, and SP.
- Communicate SSA vision and mission.
- Approve budget modifications or amendments, as needed.
- Review and approve SSA Commission meeting agendas and minutes.
- Assess the quality of SSA work using work plan deliverables and targets.
- Review and approve SSA disbursements over established dollar thresholds. NOTE: SSA Commissioners approve SSA disbursements, but do not sign checks.
- Review and approve SSA bank reconciliations as part of the finance review at SSA Commission meetings.
- Monitor all SSA expense reports provided by SP.
- Review RFP vendor finalists and approve subcontracts.
- Review annual SSA audit and financial information prior to submission to City.
- Develop a SSA commission recruitment strategy.
- Provide feedback to SP Board regarding performance of SP in implementing the goals/objectives of the SSA.
- Work closely with SP staff to oversee SSA operations.
- Ensure the SP conducts an annual needs assessment/survey of SSA tax payers, tenants and district users, and prepares an SSA annual report.
- Develop a subcontractor procurement policy with the SP.
- Approve SSA Commission by-laws using the City’s template, and amend as needed. Request current version from City’s SSA contact person.
- Disclose conflicts of interest to SSA Commissioners and recuse from any votes that may have real or perceived conflicts of interest.
- Ensure that all SSA Commission meetings comply with all applicable laws, including the Illinois Open Meetings Act.
DORIAN A. JOHNSON
Program Director SSA #45
Team Of Professionals
From our project management to street cleanup, SSA 45’s team is committed to supporting your business. See how we make great partners for our area members.
A few words about us
Special Service Areas, known as Business Improvement Districts or BIDs in other cities, are local tax districts that fund expanded services and programs through a localized property tax levy within contiguous areas. The enhanced services and programs are in addition to those currently provided through the City. Learn More…
Services We Provide
(All are provided free of charge to businesses in the boundary.)
Landscaping and Maintenance
Basic maintenance and landscaping in the public spaces and streetways.
Keeping the main areas clean and free of trash and debris.
Highly trained professionals who secure the business districts, shopping plazas, and other public areas.
Small business advice
We offer our business owners customized plans for growth and expansion. Click to Learn more.
Helping you get the word out to surrounding customers and helping you grow your business.
Grants for Facade Enhancement
Get funding to make improvements to business’ storefront and help to manage the process. Apply Now!